HP 2575 scanning and Vista
I've had some problems to scan using the HP Photosmart 2575 on my Vista machine. I connect to the HP 2575 via a network interface. This way I can share it with my portable or any other future machine.
On my XP this works fine, using my Vista I can print alright, but scanning never worked.
When I recently seached HP support of a solution, there was a remark about the firewall blocking access. (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01086194&lc=nl&cc=be&lang=nl&rule=5413&product=441240&dlc=nl in Dutch).
To get stuff to work I followed these steps:
- Give the Photosmart a fixed IP address
- Add the files listed to the firewall to have full access.
(hpqkygrp.exe, hpqscnvw.exe, hpzipm12.exe, hpzinw12.exe, hpqtra08.exe, hpqthb08.exe)
- The same for the ports on this page, both in and out.
UDP: 161, 427, 137
TCP: 9220, 9500, 9290
- Full uninstall of all HP software
- Reboot, computer and Photosmart
- Disable the firewall
- Re-install software from HP download (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=nl&cc=be&lang=nl&product=441240&dlc=nl)
- Re-enable the firewall
And now, it all works.
Comments: Een reactie plaatsen
Links to this post: